Wednesday, February 15, 2017

8th - 14th February 2017



This week has really been the week where I truly felt settled and 100% happy to be here. The most significant thing that happened this week was all of the international missionaries got to go and look at the Salt Lake Temple and some other significant church buildings. So the temple was breath taking and the photos you see cannot accurately capture the enormity of the building. We spent not much time around the temple, mostly we went to other buildings like the Joseph Smith memorial building where we sore some artifacts from his life like the bars on the liberty jail he was kept in, the first edition of the Book of Mormon and the printing press it was created on. So that was cool. We also got to go to the relief society building (yes one exists) where there were pictures of all of the previous relief society presidents all the way down from Joseph's wife Emma smith. The relief society is the largest womens organisation in the world. I made some new friends who will be added to my email list soon, one from Puerto Rico and one from china who taught me a little chinese which was really fun! I learnt to say thank you, why?, what?, brother, sister, father, mother and elder Colman actually knows Chinese because he worked at a chinese restaurant so he learnt the language and he will help me learn some.... I love languages.... a lot. 

The 6 part men's chorus is coming along nicely and elder Colman is a genius for writing this piece! We are auditioning this Thursday so I'll have a recording for you guys next week. Two of us from the group including me will be leaving before this piece is performed though so they will have to replace us which is unfortunate but it's been a lot of fun. I have also uploaded a rehearsal of 'savior redeemer of my soul' which I have grown to love so much. We rehearsed last Thursday and unfortunately the three groups before us sang THE EXACT SAME SONG and have already been assigned to performances so we were greatly thanked and told to work on another piece and try again so now I'm trying to organise if you could hie to Kolob but there is not much time for that so it might not happen. I have uploaded a photo of us four performers around the piano the pianist being elder Colman, elder Jhonson on the violin and sister Peterson and I singing. 

Nathan (or elder Rohner I should say) will get here today I was told which I CAN'T WAIT FOR!! Finally seeing someone familiar around here. Also on Wednesday there will be a new elder, elder Green who will now become elder Nordwald's companion which will split up my trio and he will be sleeping in our room too! He will be learning Mong and he will be the only Mong student. I hope he will be cool and I will miss elder Nordwald! He will still be in all my classes and in the same room but now he doesn't have to follow elder Al-Rhudan and I around. Only 13 days left until I go to the field so that's really exciting! I also learnt my new favourite Indonesian word.... WADU (pronounced wahdoo), it pretty much means wow. You could drop something and you'd say wadu. You could see someone do something stupid and you'd say wadu. It's such a funny word that one of our teachers love, brother Blaser. Wow my emails are so long, let me know if this is a problem! 

I'm meeting more missionaries, learning more 
indo, singing more, playing more piano, becoming better friends with my comps, loving the MTC life and I will miss it here. Next week we will hear from a general authority (there are 84 in the church and make up the biggest church leaders in the world) so that will be awesome! Last week we heard from elder Gong who gave a great talk on not bursting people dreams in the field, I loved his talk.




I'll see you guys next week so stay awesome and endure to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment