Monday, April 10, 2017

4th - 10th April 2017

Hi Everyone,

So it's finally here! It's gonna be a 30 hour flight including 7 hours of layover but I'll be with my original MTC companions and we always had fun so I'm excited to meet up with them again. Skipbo and phase 10 will come in handy for the 30 hour flight and I'm so lucky to have gotten to serve here.

I can't wait to leave this cold weather for ridiculous humidity, I'd make the trade any day. I have gotten to go to general conference, attend the salt lake temple, learn about early church history and meet some amazing people I never would have had I not gone to Salt Lake. 

After making it through this trial with the help of God and you guys combined I can say that any other trial will be made easier looking back on this difficult time and saying God helped me once and I know he'll help again. Prayer and scripture study have been two resources that have really strengthened me and given me peace. The scriptures are true and I am so grateful to have been born in this day and age as the gospel rolls forth amongst people of every nation and tongue. If it weren't for the direction and eternal perspective of the gospel of Jesus Christ I would be lost.

I invite you all to read one chapter of the book of Mormon a day, there's an app called gospel library where if you download it and click on scriptures the book of Mormon will be there. This book is more than just a historic novel, it's a map to God and joy in this lifetime. I'm thankful for being brought up in the church and for all my trials that will help me grow and be strengthened. 

The salt lake city temple was spectacular! It was the most meticulously designed structure I've ever seen. It was an experience I'll never forget and I felt the spirit so strongly the whole way through, what a privilege. On a different note, my companion Elder Workman took a test at East high, the place where high school musical was filmed. 

I got to say goodbye to some people, one of our Investigators gave me a tie as a departing gift and some members bought me some sturdy shoes because my dress shoes have started to wear out with all this walking we have done.

Oh Yeah, don't forget I keep my photos on Google drive, let me know if you don't have permissions to the folders. 

Love Elder Liam Winfield.





No comments:

Post a Comment